Speaker Reviews

Latest Jobs in Australia

Recent Post

Translate

Thursday 16 February 2023

SVS Prime Center : ( Review )

 Introduction 


In addition to creating some of the greatest subwoofers in the industry, SVS is an American firm that also produces two complete lines of home theatre speakers that are excellent for listening to audio files in stereo.
Large portions of the sound that are heard on the screen are produced by the centre speaker, thus it is crucial that it does not blend in with the other speakers if your room is vast. The center's ability to support such a sophisticated system is also crucial.
I'd like to point out that I've put some foam under the speaker before we get started. This lessens vibrations and merely it sound better.




Specifications

Drivers

1 Inch (2.54 cm) Aluminum Dome Tweeter

4 Inch (10.16 cm) Composite Glass-Fiber Midrange Driver

2x 6.5 Inch (16.51 cm) Composite Glass-Fiber Woofers


Frequency

Response 45 Hz - 32 kHz (+/- 3 dB)


Sensitivity

87 dB


Impedance

8 Ohm


Recommended amplifier/receiver power

20 - 225 Watt


Crossover Frequency

Woofer - Midrange 500 Hz

Midrange - Tweeter 2.2 kHz


Dimensions

(incl feet and grill

20.83 cm High

55.88 cm Wide

27.69 cm High


Weight

14.6 Kilos


Bass Ports

2x 1.7 inch (4.32 cm) bass ports


Finishes

The speaker is available in Piano Gloss Black and Black Oak Veneer

(the finishes are NOT vinyl)

I do regret that it is not available in gloss white as SVS is offering more and more of its products in white.





Unpaking


I was aware that the speaker was reasonably priced when I received it.

robust foam, thick box, etc.

I have the piano gloss version, and SVS has added a thick fabric cover to the speaker to provide further protection.

The packaging frequently reveals a company's attention to detail and the quality of the product. I can confirm that this is unquestionably the situation here.

I want to commend SVS for employing a 3-way design first and foremost.

Although it doesn't really matter for typical speakers, centre speakers are a different thing. Many people will ask if that matters at all.

Because the tweeter and midrange driver are positioned below one another, you can be certain.

Low tones make it harder to find people.Because the tweeter is located in the midst of a 2-way centre, the high frequencies always originate from there, but the low frequencies and midrange always come from the sides. This can result in odd phase delays for listeners who are more to the left or right of the speaker, which can ultimately result in a less pleasing sound.You always have the appropriate sound, no matter where you are, with a 3-way centre speaker configuration.




QUALITY


I won't lie; I knew I would someday acquire this speaker as soon as I saw it online. Not only were many people really happy with the performance, but also specifically because of the way it seemed.

The build quality, in addition to the sound, is what I find most appealing.
The speaker's almost 15 kilo weight is not an accident.
The prime and the extreme were side by side for me.
The ultra, on the other hand, does not add a shovel (concrete) on top, but the prime feels strong and substantial.
As you compare everything, you'll find that the binding posts, drivers, and other components of the ultra are all of greater quality.



But...

what I found strange is that the grill of the prime felt better...
Don't ask me why, probably because the prime is newer?
The plastic frame felt just a little stronger and the cloth material was just a little nicer to the touch.
That doesn't mean the ultra's grill looks or feels cheap, though.






Conclusion

I was very pleased the moment I attached the speaker.
The speaker follows all expectations set forth by even the most exacting audio file.

The vocals' nuance and emotion, as well as the entire sound's space, are their strongest positive attributes, as was previously said. I wish every centre speaker now on the market the best of luck in trying to duplicate, let alone surpass, that.
Typically, I am constantly compelled to seek for what is "better."
I don't feel that way about this speaker, though.
I believe that if you want an even "better" performance, the cost will be far higher than €1000.
There are a number of excellent centres available for around €800, but I suggest listening to the SVS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent